Are you using Eclipse Project's Orion? Did you manage to link a folder so that you can edit the files inside it? Are you having problems with opening your finely crafted index.html under Windows? No problemo!
- Using wordpad or a serious texteditor (ultraedit, vi...), add the following line to your Orion eclipse.ini file, after the
- Open Windows Firewall using the Administrator rights, and add two rules: one for dropping all the connections to 127.0.0.2 as local interface using TCP from all hosts, the other to open all the connections to 127.0.0.2 using TCP coming from 127.0.0.1 as remote interface
- Create a site configuration for your link
- Push the green "play" button on the sites lists
- Your linked project will be published at the address "http://127.0.0.2:8080/" + "the value in the <<Mount at>> column" in the configuration
For example, if the Mount at value is "/mountPoint" you will find your index page under
http://127.0.0.2:8080/mountPoint/index.html (and not at the default
When you feel more sure and you want to publish more projects simultaneously, you can remove the
-Dorg.eclipse.orion.server.hosting.virtualHosts=127.0.0.2 line, and change your rules to cover the 127.0.0.* as "the local interface" (leave "all" as remote interface in the block-rule and "127.0.0.1" as remote interface in the allow-rule) and then enjoy your Orion with multiple projects.